No subject

Mon Nov 17 06:32:53 EST 2008

 - Trying the SSL patch on the ejabberd version we use. P1 people say
that the patch is ok to backport so...
   ... and of course load testing it to witness the magic decrease in
memory, and how ssl compress is still in use.

 - Figuring out about mod_roster_odbc + postgres.
   - Creating a configuration file
   - And, if needed, a script that sets things up.
   - Figure out how to feed that table with valid data... we'll feed
it from moodle.
   - Understanding how many DB queries per connected user does it
perform (on what actions?)
   - Does it increase per-connection mem usage?

 - Figuring out Guillaume's changes to automate the configuration from
the rpm so no manual steps are needed to setup ejabberd. If these
steps are only to setup @online@ then maybe this is deprecated with
our new use of mod_roster_odbc

 - Write a script that handles changing domain names...

 - idmgr needs an extra column to track 'initial group'. Default to
all the same (base) group. If registrations exceed a low threshold
(say, 40) we start splitting them into groups according to day of the
week, so large schools can handle an initial grouping in the
XS/Moodle/Ejabberd facilities by asking kids to register in different
days. (They often hand the laptops out on different days to different
age groups).

All of this is squarely "scaling in Rwanda" material so high priority
for xs-0.6 :-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com