[Server-devel] iso size

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 16 12:04:37 EST 2008

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Martin Langhoff
> <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Spinning hopefully the last one.
>
> There's a dev11 now in the server, and I think it's The One. But I'll
> formally release it tomorrow, I think :-)
>
> cheers,

Well, the upgrade is not painful. The weird thing I found is about yum,
$releasever, and fedora-updates.repo, we have two issues..

First with the use of xs-release  when I do a "rpm -q --whatprovides
/etc/fedora-release" I get back:
fedora-release-7-3.noarch
xs-release-9-0.4.12.noarch
which will confuse the heck out of yum if you have $releasever anywhere.

I guess we should have xs-release do:
Obsoletes: fedora-release

Second, I found the above because I did a "yum repolist" and the
fedora-update repo from the F7 install was active. Need to remove that
one, maybe from xs-release?

Jerry