[Server-devel] XS 0.4 to 0.5 upgrade (vs. reinstall) path

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 16 02:51:08 EST 2008

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Think you need change the default selection to one of the top two
>> options at the boot prompt(install/upgrade gui/text), you may also need
>> to pass 'upgradeany' at the boot prompt if your not offered upgrade as
>> an option once in the installer.
>
> As Jerry says - pass 'upgradeany' in the boot commandline to upgrade.
> This is a one-time inconvenience - following releases will need much
> less manual fiddling to install/upgrade...

Just to make this clear, for the upgrade to work you need to select one
of the top two options, hit tab and then append "upgradeany". The
default selection has the ks.cfg file which prevent the upgrade choice
from appearing as an option in anaconda. (thinks it's the partitioning
info being present)

Maybe we could just add another isolinux stanza that has upgradeany and
no ks.cfg in it for use with upgrades.

Jerry