[Server-devel] pam-sotp rpm package

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Sun Nov 2 23:27:55 EST 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Douglas Bagnall wrote:
>> I've made a new pam_sotp RPM, which differs only in that it is
>> compiled with CFLAGS="-fno-stack-protector".  I made this change
>> because the original was causing errors like this:
>>
>> PAM unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_sotp.so): \
>>  /lib/security/pam_sotp.so: undefined symbol: __stack_chk_fail_local
>
> I suggest posting to fedora-devel list and asking for help.

Well, I followed that suggestion and gathered sufficient clues to come
up with the attached patch.

(thread starts here
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-October/msg02898.html)

BTW, recently on the fedora list Rahul mentioned that he needs to
reduce his package maintenance load.  As pam_sotp and rssh have been
packaged at the behest of OLPC, it would be good if an OLPC person
could take up co-maintainership.

Douglas