[Server-devel] XS software compatibility question

Berkowitz Andrew (Project Connect) ABerkowitz at schools.nyc.gov
Mon May 19 17:49:58 EDT 2008

I have successfully loaded Fedora 7 onto the server.

The Fedora 7 that would not finish was Fedora 7 Live CD. The one the did
load was the full Fedora 7 i386 DVD.

I suspect that the Live CD as well as the OLPC installer either do not
have all the necessary drivers or incorrectly determine the hard drive
or RAID controller.

I partitioned the drives into a 4 Gig swap file and a 447 / partition.

The installation was perfect with the full Fedora 7 installation.

Is it possible to install all of OLPC's customizations on top of a stock
Fedora installation?

How else would you suggest we proceed?