[Server-devel] Possible Jabber Problem on Server

Berkowitz Andrew (Project Connect) ABerkowitz at schools.nyc.gov
Wed May 14 09:26:54 EDT 2008

I'll try nodeps. Usually, with LINUX servers, I avoid usually specifying
nodeps because it is easy to break dependant packages. I've gone through
pain fixing them  afterwards. It is good to know that in this case, I
can.

I've never had any problems wiping out the database, uninstalling,  and
reinstalling.

Without nodeps, my process was:
	/etc/init.d/ejabberd stop
	killall epmd (in case of hostname or ip address change)
	rm -rf /var/lib/ejabberd
	rpm -e xs-config
	rpm -e xs-pkgs
	rpm -e ejabberd
	yum install ejabberd
	yum install xs-pkgs
	yum install xs-config
	Run the domain_config script
	Fix a few config files
	Start ejabberd

with nodeps, my process will be
	/etc/init.d/ejabberd stop
	killall epmd
	rm -rf /var/lib/ejabberd
	rpm -e --nodeps ejabberd
	yum install ejabberd
	Fix config files
	Start ejabberd

I just burned the 1.63 ISO onto a CD. I'll load it onto a server today.