[Server-devel] Building kernel RPMs with patches from git

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed May 7 18:06:04 EDT 2008

Dennis, David,

There is right now something that I am having trouble understanding
how it's done - related to kernel packaging. Is there any
documentation on how the RH team manages kernels with additional
patches?

All I can find is tips to manage the patches as patches, but that is
so oldstyle. I want a git-integrated workflow... or quilt or whatever.
What I would like to do is to track the appropriate git branch that RH
has for F7 kernels, and merge in the Libertas patches. Right now we
are doing a pretty hackish thing ;-)

Is there anything like this? I'm sure the RH kernel team is using _some_ dscm...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com