[Server-devel] Collaboration between schools

Yama Ploskonka yama at netoso.com
Fri May 2 20:23:37 EDT 2008

OK guys, I took one but I won't take two.  I'm a blue blooded hidalgo,
after all, descendant of the Virrey Toledo, and also of Inca Yupanqui,
fact which probably would take away my pretensions :-)

I have found Javier an opinionated person.  We do not always agree in
the Peru list.  Yet I found his recent note measured, to the point, and
rather accurate.

However, the experience of visiting personalities to a developing
nation's authorities tends to be quite different from the one a native
son gets.

Please, John, and anyone at OLPC Corporate, _DO_ expect to get different
results from when you talk to a Ministry official than what a local
experiences.

It comes with the territory.  Part of this biznai is that we need to
bear with each other, and hopefully gently share information and correct
when someone doesn't have the right picture.  This is my intention with
this note, which I hope will not be taken as offense.

I've seen much worse myself than what Javier reports, even wrote a book
with some of it, available from my user page in the wiki.

This is on topic since it concerns collaboration between different
nationalities toward OLPC success.

Yama

"Al hijo de mi madre nadie le pisa el poncho"
Rioplatense saying