[Server-devel] Web-based Management Interface for the XS

Aaron Huslage huslage at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 00:14:33 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 7:22 PM, John Gunkel <jgunkel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Many of the services that would be used are already LDAP aware. How
> about adopting FDS
> ( http://directory.fedoraproject.org ) for the backend? The nice thing
> about that is you can then use the command line tools, the web gui, or
> a full blown "fat" client to twiddle objects in the directory.

This breaks a design goal actually. If you check out the Bitfrost pages
(start at: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Bitfrost) you'll see that centralized
stuff is pretty discouraged in the spec, and that would cover the LDAP idea
I think. Additionally LDAP is flaky in a sporadically connected environment.
I don't think putting an LDAP server on the XS is a good idea, to be honest.

--
Aaron Huslage - 503.860.1634
http://blog.hact.net
huslage at gmail.com