[Server-devel] New architect and roadmap - and phone

Greg Smith (gregmsmi) gregmsmi at cisco.com
Mon Mar 24 10:15:10 EDT 2008

Hi Martin,

You nailed the challenges beautifully and provided an elegant plan for
moving ahead!

I'm in to contribute for the long term but have a conflict Tuesday so
I'll miss the call.

Two suggestions on the roadmap:
- Wait before setting a date until you know the critical goals and have
some idea of how to meet them.
- Define the regression threshold for a release to go out. It goes on
schedule regardless of enhancements but it has to pass some hurdle of
quality if its supposed to be "production ready".

I think the Ubuntu model and date based releases is a winner! Just make
sure to set the right expectation with users on how safe it is to use
each revision.

Super work, thanks for sharing it.

Greg S

Message: 8