[Server-devel] Blog post on Nepal's pilot schools

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Wed Mar 12 03:51:11 EDT 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 11:48 PM, Bryan Berry wrote:

> john,
>
> should we get a git acct and upload our modified version of the XS to
> xs-dev.laptop.org?

XS code is kept in the common OLPC git repository.  I'm not sure how
access to individual projects is controlled, but I'm sure Dennis can
help.

We encourage contributions, bug fixes, etc.   I'm not sure about entire
images...  (Perhaps an account on xs-dev ?)

> or is there a handy utility that we can use to isolate what's
> different
> from our production build and the stock XS?

Again, I believe Dennis is adept at this.  There is a script in the
xs-config
git tree which compares an image against the stock RPMs (get-
configtree.py),
but I don't think that is what is needed here.

> In a related issue, do you know when the new XS build will be out?

Cheers,
wad