[Server-devel] Everex gpc mini - an option for the XS?

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu Mar 6 11:07:12 EST 2008

On Mar 6, 2008, at 3:26 AM, Marten Vijn wrote:

> or more lowlevel
>
> http://www.pcengines.ch/alix1c.htm

I would recommend looking for something with more memory.
The Alix 1C is exactly the same as the XO laptop, and faces the
same problems: needs more memory, and possibly more processing
power.

This doesn't mean that we've given up on getting a school server
to run on an XO, but we have sidelined that effort for the time being.
Once restarted, why would we want to use the Alix 1C instead of an XO ?

John