[Server-devel] Wikiserver on XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 10:49:10 EDT 2008

Hi Phillip,

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Philipp Kocher
<philipp at cambodiapride.org> wrote:
> Is there a wikiserver installed on the XS?

it's in the plan, but it's not there yet. The (drafty) plan is to have

 - a slightly customised mediawiki install for local (created in the
school) content and collab activities
 - perhaps a 2nd mediawiki install to host editable wikislices OR
 - non-editable install of a wikislice

For the wikislices, have a look at the great wiork that cjb has done
for the Spanish wikislice that runs directly on the XO.

If you install a vanilla mediawiki, chances are it will be reasonably
easy to migrate later (for someone with a bit of linux admin skills)
to what we deploy. Ah, note that we're working on PostgreSQL.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com