[Server-devel] Yummy incron

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Tue Jun 24 21:23:44 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 9:14 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> What it sounds even more like, to me, is any modern init system.  For
> example:

I'm very keen on new init systems, but this is not one.

> Given your opposition to DBUS in this context, you might enjoy

:-) I'm not really opposed to DBus, but it encourages a model that
only makes sense for a subset of what we are doing. It's great to tell
the main Sugar shell something, as you surely expect it to be there,
up all the time. Other things, well, they have no business being in
memory -

> http://upstart.ubuntu.com/faq.html#replace-dbus

And that tells you exactly what I've been saying - DBus != Upstart,
and I'll add that both of those are != incrond.