[Server-devel] XS - Packages chat

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 10:44:58 EDT 2008

Yesterday, as the light receded in the horizon, Dennis and I had a
good chat about F7, some RPMs that need finding/building/backporting,
and some good ideas for server mgmt. These are my quick notes.

Packages we need
 - Pg 8.2/8.3 and and the reverse-dependencies we'll use (php-pg,
python-pg, etc)
 - lib PAM SOTP
 - rssh
 - an rsync-choot inspired by bind-chroot

Automation notes
 - Need to run "local" scripts during install - either from the KS
file, or from an "firstboot" init
 - yum-complete-transaction is the kind of yum/rpm wrapper I was hoping for

Dennis is right now at FUDCon, but he's back next week.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com