[Server-devel] Modify the "Kickstart File" on XS-163

Tony Pearson tpearson at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 17 12:38:23 EDT 2008

> Martin wrote:
> What do you propose changing there?

Martin,
I think I figured it out.    I document the updates here:

      http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Az990tony/squashfs-surgery

(a) Specify "text install interactive" so that it prompts me for
everything.  "text mode" seems to work with my graphics card.
(b) Set "bootloader --location=none" so that it would not install my GRUB
(c) Set "clearpart --none" so that it would not destroy my partitions and
allow me to define them as I need

I am not proposing this replace the current "unattended" version you have,
I am just offering it as an
alternative.  If anybody wants the "new-xs163.iso" I built using the
procedures I documented, I can sent it
over with "yousendit.com".

-- Tony