[Server-devel] Easy help: Translations of School in punycode

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Mon Jun 16 13:00:24 EDT 2008

Here's an opportunity to help w something simple: I am after as many
translations of "school" as we can get, synonyms welcome. If they have
non-latin chars, then what we want is the punycode for them. An easy
way to get the punycode for a word is to use a modern webbrowser, and
type your word in the address bar with an http:// prefix. Firefox will
automatically translate it into punycode and try a dns lookup on it.

So for example, if I say

    http://ámbar/

Firefox translates it to

   http://www.xn--mbar-4na.com/

Or you can use a punycode converter from the many listed here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punycode

This is so that kids can type "school" in their native language in the
Browse activity... and have it just work. So simple...