[Server-devel] Please read - higher visibility of code on the list

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 12:34:49 EDT 2008

Hi all,

this list has been rather quiet,. and this is in part my fault. While
I have been working on things, I have only been publishing code here.
Publishing code on the list is a good practice, and the dev teams that
I most enjoy working with do it. For some reason, as I started coding,
I forgot about that.

Last night, Michael Stone gave me a well deserved wakeup call - asking
"where's the code?" It is in git repos at dev.laptop.org/git , but
that does not encourage review and participation.

If you do _not_ want to be reading code -- do not worry! All the
patches will be clearly labelled, and you can filter them out, or just
skip them.

The review style in the git and kernel mailing lists is what I hope we
can achieve -- and yet as this project is different, I am sure we'll
find things to do differently. 'll post some patches I've been working
on in the last month in the next hour or so.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com