[Server-devel] Edublog - How do I select tinyMCE in moodle?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 12:10:45 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:49 PM, Tarun Pondicherry
<tarunpondicherry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Where is the option to select tinyMCE over HtmlArea as the default in
> Moodle?
> I've been looking around the admin interface, but no luck =/
> Is it something that must be done programmatically?

I did not know, but I asked google ;-)

http://www.google.com/search?q=moodle+tinymce&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&

Connectivity here is sucky, so I cannot dig through all the info -
IIRC, there is a copy of tinyMCE in moodle, but to you want to apply a
patch (being discussed in General Developer forum) that allows you to
pick which editor to use, which should include some bugfixes needed to
use the other editors correctly. The patch is discussed in a thread
oddly called "the most important decision on editor integration".

I haven't reviewed the patch, so I don't know much about it ;-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com