[Server-devel] EduBlog Revised Project Plan

Yama Ploskonka yama at netoso.com
Mon Jun 9 14:51:40 EDT 2008

> [ from another email now ... ]
>
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 12:43 AM, Tarun Pondicherry
> <tarunpondicherry at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Well, you can't tell what options to remove until you get real users
>>> using it, and you spot which options they don't use ;-)
>> Thats true, but I'm also concerned we might scare them away!
>
> Your call there - but you might want savvy users for the early pilots,
> so you get good quality bug reports, and intelligent feedback...

Maybe I should just go mind the action figures instead of messing with
the big boys, but my 1/2 cent:

Could we have both?

A simple, VERY usable set of options designed as for the clients we
don't want to scare away (a very real risk I agree we should beware of),

  and an area lower in the UI, labeled "advanced", maybe with a
disclaimer on the lines that "you mostly do not need to change anything
here" for the more adventurous or savyy types to get themselves in
trouble in?