[Server-devel] ds-backup - help with a trial happening right now

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Thu Jul 31 06:52:43 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:57 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> To expand on that, and for anyone keen on trying, you'll need 703 plus...
>
>  - simplejson (ISTR it's not packaged for F6, but a backport is possible)

I think that 703 is F7 based, and there's python-simplejson for that
release. But I would strongly recommend to use python-cjson because of
performance reasons, and that one appeared in F8. I expect that making
a F7 package would be trivial (or directly using the F8 one).

>  - datastore v8.2 or newer - this is the risky change, there is a
> small chance that other parts of Sugar/Journal act up with it.

Don't think there's much risk there, everything is the same, only one
extra json file will appear for every entry.

Regards,

Tomeu