[Server-devel] Moodle: File upload question

Tarun Pondicherry tarunpondicherry at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 02:42:10 EDT 2008

Hi Martin,

I posted this question on the Moodle forums a while ago, but got no
response.  I was thinking you might know the answer.
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=100822#p445265

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate a customized tinyMCE editor into Moodle for OLPC.
 From the docs and the existing code, I've been able to get a file into
the upload
<http://moodle.org/mod/glossary/showentry.php?courseid=5&concept=upload>
file directory in the moodle data folder. I'm having some trouble
generating a permanent url for the file. I tried to use get_file_url
with $um->get_new_filename, and $um->get_new_filepath but the real url
would require string parsing on what those functions return. I'm
wondering if there is another function that does this or if not, what
that number means so I can put it into the url directly and not parse
the returned strings.

Any help is appreciated!