[Server-devel] EduBlog: Requesting input on design of Preview and Remote Blog Admin Pages

Tarun Pondicherry tarunpondicherry at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 00:31:11 EDT 2008

Hi Greg,

I fixed the bugs I knew of, you can send the link out for another round
of inputs. (http://olpc.betarun.com/dev/ui/student_sp.php)
Right now, I think the most useful input would be for the functionality
that we will need.  The GUI for all the pages will end up being what is
shown now with the addition of some Moodle options.  Some things may be
moved a bit for the first beta.  But we can reposition it to our liking
for the long term.  The teacher page will be different also because at
the moment it shows the entire post and not just the title.  The look of
this will change a lot, but the options will be the same.

The Remote Blog API right now supports one user posting (students have
to sign posts to know where it came from) and images.  The Blogger.com
extension supports the same.  I think this is enough for the beta
version.  Let me know if anything else is critical.

I'm also wondering how some of the options for creation of the blog will
work.  I think the teacher will select from the following: Direct Remote
Posting, Direct Local Posting, All Posts Need Approval.  If Remote
posting is enabled, then all blogs posts will be added both locally and
published.  If only local posting, student posts only go to ou blog and
teachers need to push the post to blogger.  If they need approval, only
the student and teacher will be able to see the post until it is
approved at which point it will be visible on ou blog or published to
blogger.

Thanks,
Tarun