[Server-devel] Some documentation for DS-Backup

Robson Mendonça robsonmwoc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 15:36:21 EDT 2008

Martin,

it is very nice document, and I saw the WebJournal inserted in the list =D.

Also, I still thinking about visions of WebJournal, all this things, backup,
restore, view of snapshots. And I think is not complicated to make a API to
read the backup using Django, that permits to Moodle or any other, web based
or not, to read the entries backuped.

I feel that making this API, may be possible to read using the own Journal,
and the Moodle or Amadis works only to help the teachers make the other part
of my proposal, as using the entries webview to evaluate your kids, or
interacts with them through the comments interface.

The first part of API could be used to load a list of all entries, this can
happen using a json object transmited to the web client(Moodle or Amadis, by
Ajax request) or Journal activity.

Tomeu, what you think about the Journal can be able to download directly a
old entry from XS?

Martin, this sounds a crazy idea, and is not important for now?

I am trying organize my ideas to walk in a right way, and avoid any
refactoring initially.

I am still waiting for answers, and I am increments the WebJournal project
for while.

Cheers.

--
Robson Mendonça