[Server-devel] Issue with 2 B4s and a C2

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Wed Jul 2 05:41:25 EDT 2008

I am still having problems getting three XOs working with the XS.

My set up is an XS set up as a small school server, with an active antenna.
Configuration done including ejabberd and setting up the shared roster
"online".

The XOs I am using are two B4s and a C2 (G1G1 from the Countries meeting in
May), all running 703 Q2D14

The B4s are 100% happy about it, they can see each other, and are
registered, but there is something different about the C2 that I am missing

For the B4s olpc-netstatus reports:

IP msh0	: 	172.18.10.xxx
DNS		: 	172.18.0.1
Telepathy	: 	gabble
Jabber	: 	school.oceania.org
Essid		: 	olpc-mesh
Channel	: 	1
Ethernet 	:
Config	: 	School server

I can log on to ejabberd via either B4 and both appear as registered users
and are shown as online.

Now the C2. Initially, I repeatedly reinstalled the OS on it, and replicated
the problem. It would find the school server but can't see the others (still
unregistered). Click register and reboot, thereafter it won't find the
school mesh, after searching it reverts to the simple mesh. It did not
appear in the list of users on the ejabberd web interface, so i guess the
registration failed. However, after reated attempts I did manage to register
it, and it appears as a user in the roster. However, it just refuses to find
the school mesh, rebooting does not help.

BEFORE clicking register, olpc-netstatus showed:

IP msh0	: 	172.18.11.253
DNS		: 	172.18.0.1
Telepathy	: 	salut
Jabber	:
Essid		: 	olpc-mesh
Channel	: 	1
Ethernet 	:
Config	: 	School server

AFTER clicking register, and rebooting, it won't find the school mesh and
eventually settles on teh simple mesh. Then olpc-netstatus reports:

IP msh0	: 	169.254.8.174
DNS		:
Telepathy	: 	salut
Jabber	: