[Server-devel] Laptop XS working

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Tue Jul 1 18:07:48 EDT 2008

Martin/list

To remind you, I am getting to know the XS using an installation on a
laptop, with 2 XO-B4s and 1 XO-1, all running build 703 and G1G1 activity
pack. I have followed the configuration instructions for a small school
server, ejabberd starts on boot etc. I have tested the server with and
without Internet access via Ethernet.

I am using a prototype active antenna that obviously is working fine.

I had initial success, finding that all three XOs immediately could access
the server and Internet through the browser, and they could see each other
in the neighbourhood, share and invite.

I then registered all three, this was uneventful. The register option no
longer appears on the XOs.

However, the result (unless this is a red herring) is that they can all
still access the server and Internet but do not see each other any more in
the neighbourhood and cannot collaborate.

Can you point to any lines of attack to diagnose the problem.

I can see the school mesh and simple (olpc) mesh with my Windows laptop.

David Leeming
Technical Advisor, People First Network
Tel: +677 76396(m) 24419(h) 26358 (w)
www.leeming-consulting.com