[Server-devel] location and muscle of the school server

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Fri Feb 22 10:32:51 EST 2008

> Wow! Most of the stuff I have will do at least 100W+. Do you have
> any details on your setup?

I'm using EPIA ITX motherboards, Serener GS-1 cases,
and a single SATA drive.    No fans.

Personally, I don't like the EPIA motherboards.   They aren't very
reliable and
won't last very long.    But they do provide a 1.2 GHz processor,
support a GB of
DRAM, onboard LAN, and provide 4 or more USB ports.

They tend to draw in the 16 - 18W range when idling.   I measured 20W
average,
24W peak, while simultaneously copying a very large file on disk,
encrypting a
large file, and slamming Squid over three mesh networks (active
antennas)
simultaneously.