[Server-devel] updated project plan

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 22:31:46 EST 2008

When the power comes back on in my house (and Internet connection) I
will take a look at your updated version of the project plan.

1. Google vs. Mediawiki
I would like to keep everything in the wiki but I find formatting tables
in Mediawiki to be a real pain. If you could try to put the stuff on the
google spreadsheet into Mediawiki tables that would be great.

2. School Server Hardware
We do need to nail this down this week.

XS
Most likely will be the following:
Pentium D processor (cheap and readily available in Nepal)
120 GB hard drive
256 RAM

Hardware availability is pretty limited in Nepal so we will use that
which is most available.

3. Scripts
thanks for the link to the Ceibal scripts
> (http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/ceibal-scripts;a=tree
I will definitely check them out

4. We need a way to share our school server configuration w/ the rest of
OLPC. This wouldn't be scripts but config files for Squid, rsync
(backup), apache, moodle, etc. I presume a tree at dev.laptop.org would
do the job?

5. Please ask Pablo what they are using for content management. I heard
they are trying to set up a simple blogging tool.

Weather is great! 65 degrees and sunny every day.