[Server-devel] Ceibal scripts explained

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Sun Feb 17 12:33:34 EST 2008

On Feb 17, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Tony Pearson wrote:
> If we can combine the Mac/SN with the Nickname stored in Sugar, we
> might have something to work with here.

Absolutely not. These scripts are deprecated and shouldn't be used
_anywhere_ unless there's critical need, which there isn't. They were
previously broken and outright dangerous, and are now only less so to
the extent of one 12-hour cleanup/rewrite marathon that I could afford
to spend on them. Uruguay will stop using these scripts as soon as we
can provide comparable functionality -- please don't make everyone's
life harder by getting them in wider use. They provide nothing that
pilot deployments care about.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org