[Server-devel] Spreadsheet, Active Antenna, and this weekend

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 15:20:33 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Ivan Krstić
<krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> wrote:
>  "Standardizing" on something as utterly broken and braindead as PHP is
>  misguided at best. PHP on the XS is to be regarded as what it is: a
>  necessary evil. Nothing more.

I agree - and yet, most of the really good web apps are written in
PHP. A lot of crap is written in PHP too, but there's nothing close to
MediaWiki or Moodle. :-/

Personally, I'll follow suit to what we have -- most of our
infrastructure is in Python so that's what I'll work on. But if I find
myself working on something that uses Perl, I'll patch or add to it in
Perl if it makes sense :-)