[Server-devel] Possible problem with school server image

Carol Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Wed Feb 13 20:01:55 EST 2008

Yes, I believe it is a packaging issue, since the downloaded copy
installed on my target hardware just fine.  I filed a bug in Trak
anyway, since it seems important to have the option to check the
media/download.

On Feb 13, 2008 4:51 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/2/4 Carol Lerche <cafl at msbit.com>:
> > This probably means the disk was created without adding the checksum.
> > It does drop to a shell.  I want to know before going farther, whether this
> > is just a packaging error or whether the image is bad.
>
> It's a "packaging" error. It probably expects the signature to be
> tacked at the end of the disk somehow during the burn - as adding the
> image *inside* the iso itself would change it. Or perhaps there's an
> internal set of signatures for the top-level directories?

"Always do right," said Mark Twain. "This will gratify some people and
astonish the rest."