[Server-devel] ejabberd crash

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Fri Feb 8 11:29:17 EST 2008

The init.d script grabs the node name from the hostname.
My problem is that a server many have serveral names....

schoolserver, school always resolves to the principal server in a
school.
schoolserver1, schoolserver2, etc... resolve to particular servers
(any of which may become the principal server).
I want the ejabberd node to be school.domainname, not
schoolserver1.domainname.

Is there going to be a problem if I just change /etc/init.d/ejabberd to
hardwire a node name ?