[Server-devel] wwwoffle

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Fri Feb 1 18:25:30 EST 2008

wad, have you seen http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/wwwoffle/ ?

Wizzy digital courier is using a modified version of this to
distribute internet content via sneakernet; it may be adaptable to our
needs.  Combining this with an aggressive use of http for our
versioning system would get us a lot of functionality in one leap.
(Credit to SJ's content group, meeting next to my work area, for
clueing me into this.)

Wizzy also has an email solution; our gmail solution really only works
if internet access is constant.  Using a local IMAP mirror (as Wizzy
seems to do) allows sneakernet mail distribution even when the
internet link goes down.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )