[Server-devel] Exploding wireless interfaces on your laptop

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 08:38:02 EST 2008

[Getting server-devel back on CC]

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 9:29 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Think the renaming fails when wlan0 already is present, and then the
> rename gets stuck at "eth1_rename".

with "present" meaning "in 70-persistent-net.rules".

Hmmm, you are right. I had removed the file, but it wasn't enough.
When testing/debugging these scripts, you have to remove it on every
reboot and plug/unplug cycle you're testing. That caught me.

Removed the file and it all works. I wonder - do we have to remove it
on 0.5.x -> 0.6 upgrades?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com