[Server-devel] Collaboration unreliable 0.5
leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Sun Dec 14 16:59:13 EST 2008
I apologise if this issue has already been dealt with on this list.
I have some problems reliably getting collaboration working when using
server version 0.5. I have been using a laptop with an USB active antenna
and after a few attempts managed to get 0.5 working and configured with no
errors. The hostname was changed in the /etc/sysconfig/network file,
eJabberd configured and started, shared roster group "Online" created, XOs
registered. Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed that collaboration
This is the scenario:
- I have XS 0.5 running as above, with four XOs (two XO-1s and
two B4s, all running version 8.2)
- Four XOs are all connected to school server and show IP
addresses in range 172.18.10.2 - 5
- I can ping between all XOs and to/from XS
- I can ping the fully qualified domain name
- I can log onto eJabberd admin from an XO and see four online
users, all are registered
- I can see the "Who are you" pages in the browser on all the
So, eJabberd appears to be working OK,
but none of the XOs show any others in the neighbourhood view.
This is intermittent; 30 mins ago I did have 3 out of 4 showing, but after
rebooting everything and waiting 30 mins, still no sign of any.
I have used the same set up exactly with XS version 0.4 and it's all solid -
the neighbourhood view fills up rapidly after connecting. What's causing the
unreliability with 0.5?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Server-devel