[Server-devel] Amateurish Workaround to Get Bonding to Work With eth1

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 12 11:22:15 EST 2008

Reuben K. Caron wrote:

> Martin Langhoff wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 7:06 PM, Reuben K. Caron <reuben at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>>>    yum repolist --enablerepo=*
>>> repolist: 0

>>> This is on an upgrade from 0.4
>>>
>> Doesn't sound good. Some more questions --
>>
>>  - can you email me any install / upgrade logs in /root/ ?
>>
> attached
>>  - what does /etc/yum.conf say?
>>
> attached

Reuben, is there an /etc/yum.conf.rpmnew present on your box? If so, did
you modify your /etc/yum.conf prior to the upgrade in anyway?

### OLPC School server yum configuration
###
### NOTE: yum.conf.in is the master file. Edit
###       the master file if you want your changes to persist.
###       After editing the master file, do
###
###          `make -f xs-config.make <targetfile>`
###
### Also see /usr/share/doc/xs-config-<version>/README for more
### details, including how to RECOVER changes you have made if
### they are overwritten.
###
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
metadata_expire=1800

# PUT YOUR REPOS IN separate files named file.repo in...
reposdir=/etc/yum.repos.olpc.d

### NOTE that we use an alternative
### repo directory until http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8033
### is fixed. So the default
## reposdir /etc/yum.repos.d
### is not enabled.

That is the old yum.conf from F7, don't think the test "$SHA1SUM =
$BADSHA1SUM" to move the yum.conf.rpmnew to yum.conf was matched.

>>  - have you got files in /etc/yum.repos.d named olpcxs* ?
>>
> [root at schoolserver etc]# ls /etc/yum.repos.d/
> fedora-rawhide.repo  fedora-updates-newkey.repo          olpcxs.repo
> fedora.repo          fedora-updates-testing-newkey.repo  olpcxs-testing.repo

looks good.

Jerry