[Server-devel] Amateurish Workaround to Get Bonding to Work With eth1

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 13:19:27 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com
> wrote:

>  - we do respect sshd_config.in -- if you edit sshd_config.in, your
> changes will be preserved, and any new sshd_config.in we want to
> deploy will be written as sshd_config.in.rpmnew

Well, I did edit sshd_config.in and then did the make xs-config thing like I
was supposed to.  My changes were preserved in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config.in.rpmsave.

But going forward, and since I'm looking at possibly installing XS 0.5 on
quite a few machines here, before I burn the CD again, can I edit
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 on the iso like so:

(Edit this line to look like this)
 if [ "foo$XS_LANBOND_MAINXS_IPADDR" != "foo" ]; then
(Add this line)
HOTPLUG=yes

Will that work?  I need to keep the install steps to a minimum and I'd
rather make the changes to the iso.

Anna Schoolfield
Birmingham