[Server-devel] Amateurish Workaround to Get Bonding to Work With eth1

Reuben K. Caron reuben at laptop.org
Thu Dec 11 09:54:48 EST 2008

Alright, so I am still seeing problems.

yum --enablerepo=olpcxstesting install xs-config , did not work for me.

So I:

-wget http://xs-dev.laptop.org/xsrepos/testing/olpc/9/i386/xs-config-0.5.7.g11aaacf-1.noarch.rpm

-yum localinstall xs-config-0.5.7.g11aaacf-1.noarch.rpm --nogpgcheck

- reran domain config
-check hostname
-restart

log file still shows:

Dec 11 09:33:06 schoolserver kernel: bonding: lanbond0 is being created...
Dec 11 09:33:06 schoolserver kernel: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): lanbond0: link
is not ready

until I issue the:

-ifenslave lanbond0 eth1

which results in:

Dec 11 09:52:47 schoolserver kernel: bonding: lanbond0: enslaving eth1
as an active interface with an up link.
Dec 11 09:52:47 schoolserver kernel: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): lanbond0:
link becomes ready

and then dhcp works.

--
Reuben K. Caron