[Server-devel] Gadget fedora package

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 09:01:24 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<marcopg at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
> <marcopg at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>>> With the "OMG! ejabberd's memory and roster mgmt are Out Of Control"
>>> thing mostly behind us, I want to have a clear picture of why and how
>>> Gadget fits into the picture. And at what (cpu, memory) cost,
>>> specially for the 3K users scenarios we're looking at.
>
> Just to share my experience. We was testing with
> schoolserver.media.mit.edu and we run into several presence
> inconsistencies, which Guillame says are shared roster bugs (I don't
> have the numbers anymore, unfortunately).

Note - I have *no* idea of what is that server running.

But I'm working on this space at the moment - switching away from the
"all online users" patch that I suspect Guillaume is talking about and
shifting to a different strategy using PostgreSQL.

So its "mostly behind us" (emphasis on mostly) as I mentioned but
things are looking promising. The strategies I'm planning to use are
in use by several large scale sites based on ejabberd with custom
roster behaviours.

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com