[Server-devel] Server-devel Digest, Vol 20, Issue 7

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 14:29:28 EST 2008

2008/12/6 Eroni Tuiloma <eroni.tui at gmail.com>:
> There is definitely a problem with Bonding and old hardware , i have been

Is there?

Right now the marc archive -- my usual kernel list archive -- is down,
but googling around, it seems that there were lots of problems
discussed until 2006. From there onwards, I can't see anything
meaningful.

> Hardware aside is there a way of not using bonding in version 0.5 ?

There's very good discussion in the archives as to why we're using
bonding. Don't hesitate to search! ;-)

Two threads that explain the background:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2008-September/001941.html
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2008-September/001974.html

cheers,

martin