[Server-devel] XS 0.5 Second Attempt at eth1

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 19:07:32 EST 2008

Not having done this before, and after getting syntax errors and command not
found for speed, I googled and edited
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 like so.  I figured 100 might be a
good place to start.  I haven't tried half duplex yet, but I can if you
think that would do anything.

ETHTOOL_OPTS="speed 100 duplex full autoneg off"

Restarting the network didn't give any errors.

After that, ethtool eth1 gives this:

[root at schoolserver1 ~]# ethtool eth1
Settings for eth1:
    Supported ports: [ TP ]
    Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                            100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                            1000baseT/Full
    Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
    Advertised link modes:  Not reported
    Advertised auto-negotiation: No
    Speed: Unknown! (65535)
    Duplex: Unknown! (255)
    Port: Twisted Pair
    PHYAD: 0
    Transceiver: internal
    Auto-negotiation: off
    Supports Wake-on: umbg
    Wake-on: g
    Current message level: 0x00000007 (7)
    Link detected: no

Of course, still no pinging anything.  In fact, I don't have blinky lights
on the NIC anymore or a link light on the AP, which I had before.

Anna