[Server-devel] XS 0.5 Second Attempt at eth1

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 14:00:59 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Reuben K. Caron <reuben at laptop.org> wrote:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Installing_Software#Upgrading_from_XS_0.4_or_earlier
>
> Does not include network-config. Should it?

As far as I tested... no. But I could be wrong about this.

Between 4 and 5, the %post install script of xs-config

 - renames the config file holding the number
 - re-runs network_config which re-creates any files that we need to maintain

> XS Lan connected to Switch. Bridge AP connected to switch does not pass an
> IP. Computer connected to Switch does not get an IP.

Hmmm. Right now I don't have a machine handy to test (I'll get my
hands on one tomorrow) but I'd love to get a packet capture of eth1
there.

So this problem turns up with an upgrade from .4 to .5. Clean 0.5
installs work better for you?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com