[Server-devel] XS 0.5 Second Attempt at eth1

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 13:28:17 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Reuben K. Caron <reuben at laptop.org> wrote:
> I too am having problems with DHCP (and ejabberd) on XS 0.5.

That's interesting! Thanks for the writeup...

> I reviewed /etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/dhcpd.conf.1 - It did not match
> dhcpd-xs.conf
>
> I ran ./network-config 1
> I ran ./domain-config xs4.org (i know it isn't xs4 but I'm maintaining
> domain for posterity)

*yes* - you'll notice in the release notes... a special section that
talks about upgrading, and asks you to run those commands ;-)

> Rebooted.
>
> dhcpd-xs.conf now has the declaration for 172.18.96
>
> DHCP is started but still does not hand out an IP.

That's weird.

 - any further error msgs on the logs?
 - maybe the XS is connected to the AP with a straight cable? You
might need a crossover...
 - if you connect a laptop to it via a crossover, can it get a dhcp lease?
 - maybe the AP is doing NAT? -

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com