[Server-devel] XS 0.5 - eth1 not coming up

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 20:19:29 EST 2008

Jerry:

I did see eth1 as "slave" in ifcfg-eth1:

[root at alabamaxo network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-eth1
#  OLPC School server
#  This file configures the ethernet port connected to local machines (LAN)
###
### NOTE: This file will be _replaced_ in xs-config updates
###
DEVICE=eth1
. /etc/sysconfig/xs_network_config

if [ "foo$XS_LANBOND0_IPADDR" != "foo" ]; then
   ONBOOT=yes
   TYPE=Ethernet
   MASTER=lanbond0
   SLAVE=yes
   NM_CONTROLLED=no
fi

I'll forward you my /var/log/messages.  I rebooted when it was clear things
weren't working.  The network came back up as usual.

And what I need to do is connect a wifi ap to eth1 so the XS can give out
IPs.  Its currently not doing that.  My usual setup is eth1 --> hub --> wifi
ap to XOs, ubuntu desktop, fedora desktop.  That worked under XS 0.4.  Now I
can't get an IP to anything.  I've tried all three separately and via the
hub.  No IP goodness!  And yes, dhcp is running so far as I can tell.

Thanks,

Anna Schoolfield
Birmingham