[Server-devel] RFH - xs-rsync on F9 fails with an odd error

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 17:39:46 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 4:28 AM, Robin Norwood <robin.norwood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I can confirm that fakechroot's getpeername() is the problem.
> If I remove getpeername from fakechroot [1], then I get a fakechroot
> that works with your test [2].  Obviously we need to instead sort out
> the parameters to match the system getpeername like rsync does.  Not
> really my area of expertise, but I can file a bug in RH bugzilla for
> fakechroot when I get back.  Got to run, now.

Thanks! From what I see in your patch, you're working around the
problem by removing the local implementation of getpeername() so yes,
I agree we'll want to see what upstream says about a proper fix.

I'm not versed in the semantics of getpeername() so can't suggest
anything smart at the moment.

In the meantime, I'll use your package for testing and try to find out
how serious it is that getpeername() gets through unwrapped.

Thanks again!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com