[Server-devel] RFH: Script to make installable USB stick

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 30 17:16:26 EDT 2008

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Need to see the usb's layout that you had in mind.
>> You were trying to do tree-install or a iso source install?
>
> I'm thinking of applying it to the iso that Pungi creates. As far as
> I've seen, the main change is the renaming of isolinux.
>
>> Might want to have a look at this thread:
>>
>> http://www.archivum.info/anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com/2008-05/msg00016.html
>> I'm around for a couple of hours,

See the usb based install thread.

> that seems to be on a different track -- you mentioned something
> yesterday about "upgrade images". For now, plain installer CDs/USBs
> where anaconda has all the rpms needed for an install or an upgrade is
> what I am thinking of...

That one is more for pre-populating the yum cache before a yum upgrade,
or for an anaconda upgrade using the preupgrade hooks present in
anaconda. Distribute the repo on a squashfs.img, with scripts that would
mount the image, and start yum with a repo file pointing to the now
local repo. In the anaconda case, that would be a bit different, but
do-able. Just have to still test if there is space savings to be had
before I look at anaconda.

Jerry