[Server-devel] Pungi minimal installer, comps.xml trick

Jeff jeff at wildcoast.com
Fri Aug 29 01:43:54 EDT 2008

On 29 Aug 2008, at 2:50 AM, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Robin Norwood
> <robin.norwood at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok, yes, I was confusing what gets installed on the install disc with
>> what gets installed on the server!  So as far as the stuff installed
>> on the server goes, is GNOME or X even needed?
>
> X, Gnome, gtk, all things we could do without :-) Even alsa, unless
> it's needed for speaker beeps (which we want to use).
>
>>> There's a couple of other people looking at different aspects of
>>> this.
>>> Do you mind if we bring this discussion back to the list?
>>
>> Yes, I just got bit by the lack of reply-to-list. :-)  Replying to
>> the list now.
>
> Yep, I'm a bit old-style in that, hope you can forgive.

Not so certain about the alleged pitfalls of munging headers, but
thank you, I am actually now convinced. Since I'm not a developer,
this is the first list I've been on where I can actually see the
point of reply to sender as default. For one thing it makes sense
where people are collaborating on particular intricacies; and for
another it sends immediate replies back to digest members.

Cheers,
--
Jeff Brown

Cell: 074-101 5170 / Fax: 086-532 3508

Masimanyane Mussel Rehabilitation and
Masande Nursery ~ Nutritional Projects
C O F F E E B A Y ~ W I L D C O A S T

++

Website: www.wildcoast.com
Blog: www.wildcoast.com/jeff

8< --
Do not believe in miracles -- rely on them.