[Server-devel] Pungi minimal installer, comps.xml trick

Jeff jeff at wildcoast.com
Wed Aug 27 03:52:34 EDT 2008

Hi all, I'm new to the list and have just been lurking around for the
past week, so excuse me, but:

On 27 Aug 2008, at 9:41 AM, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> It's not a complete deal breaker, but I prefer to distribute images
> that are small, and ideally fit on 1 CD.

Why? What's wrong with writing the image to a DVD? (And adding in
another 2 or 3 with a localized copy of Wikipedia, Gutenburg Library,
and the kitchen sink?)

Just curious why it has to be one CD, really.

Incidentally I live in a rural area and look after 5 schools with
LTSP computer labs. Bandwidth is really expensive out here, and I
reckon that will be the usual case scenario for most XS deployments.

--
Jeff Brown

Cell: 074-101 5170 / Fax: 086-532 3508

Masimanyane Mussel Rehabilitation and
Masande Nursery ~ Nutritional Projects
C O F F E E B A Y ~ W I L D C O A S T

++

Website: www.wildcoast.com
Blog: www.wildcoast.com/jeff

8< --
Do not believe in miracles -- rely on them.