[Server-devel] Network transparent XS services - limitations and alternatives

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Aug 26 11:45:27 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 11:39 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> Again, it seems like you need an offline DNS solution.  Many legacy
> applications will assume they can resolve a DNS name to an address; it
> seems best to let them do this.

Incidentally, http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Network_principles already
specifies a link-local DNS resolution mechanism which is entirely
appropriate for this offline application.  It seems like implementing
that completely obviates the need for offline DNS.  I'll add some text
to the principles page expanding on this.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )