[Server-devel] rssh package - patch to add rsync v3 support

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 02:05:12 EDT 2008

Rahul, Debarshi,

Upstream rssh doesn't support rsync v3 because it scans the rsync
cmdline and does not like the new "parameter" the rsync client is
using to indicate the protocol versions it supports. I have cleaned up
and applied the patch discussed in the rssh mailing list [1], and made
a new srpm for it [2]. The spec file is attached.

The clean up fixes the main concern from the original rssh author
about it - that the regex is wrong. I've also fixed the comment style.

To Mooch, Russ - there is no Debian bug filed for this, but thought
you might be interested in the cleaned up patch. The rssh in lenny/sid
does not play well with the rsync in the same distro.

To Rob Hardy - thanks for posting the patch!

cheers,

martin

[1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=alpine.LRH.1.00.0801231048440.31934%40thor.webcon.net&forum_name=rssh-discuss

[2] http://xs-dev.laptop.org/xsrepos/testing/olpc/7/source/SRPMS/rssh-2.3.2-1.fc7.src.rpm